- Topic 1
This course is designed for software testers that want to go deeper than the basic concepts. You will learn how to design creative test cases, how to optimize test cases to get the most testing from the fewest number of cases and how to measure and report the results of testing.
You will leave this course with a solid foundation for testing in situations which are very diverse and dynamic. This course is centered around a common case study which builds throughout the course.
Intermediate Software Testing Techniques will help you reach the next level in your testing skills. You will emerge from this course knowing how to plan and conduct tests in diverse and complex environments.
This course will build on basic testing principles and introduce new methods to teach you how to:
- Develop test scripts and test cases using a wide variety of techniques
- Create decision tables
- Get the most testing from the least number of test cases
- Track and control test scripts and cases
- Assess risk from the project, technical and business perspectives
- Topic 2
Topic 2Module 1 – Intermediate Test Design Strategies
This module teaches you how to write detailed test cases. This module goes beyond the basics. You will learn about many types of test cases and how they are used.
• Learn how to develop creative and effective test cases
• Learn how to track and control test cases
• Learn the most commonly used sources of test cases
• Understand the application of test cases and test scripts
- Topic 5
Topic 5Module 4 - Scenario-based Testing
This module teaches you how to design tests that simulate user actions as they perform tasks and transactions.
• Learn how to develop tests based on usage scenarios
• Learn how to develop tests from use cases